Sunday, January 9, 2011

New beginnings...

This blog is my learning journal for the Textiles 1 course I am taking with the Open College of the Arts.  The course can be a stand alone course or can be taken in conjunction with other modules to form a Degree course in Textiles.  At this stage I am not sure whether I would like to go on to do the degree or not and really just signed up to have something to put some structure into my return to an old and much loved hobby.

I was very excited and a little nervous when my course materials arrived at the back end of the summer.  I was intending to return to textiles after illness and other difficulties had forced me to take some time out but this time I felt that the time was right for me to devote some time to something that I wanted to do for myself.  Sadly, this wasn't to be and within a short couple of weeks I had developed a sore foot which, believe it or not, would become so serious that I would spend a long time in hospital followed by weeks of care at home.

Finally, I feel well enough to get out all my course materials and have another go.  It was strange looking through the course notes because I expected to be excited as while I was ill I focused on events like beginning the course again to help me look into future in order to escape the present.  However, today I just felt completely overwhelmed.  I have also decided to try to do my learning log in blog form on my computer and I feel very strange and nervous about that, it all feels a bit public!  Any way here it is started.  Hopefully once I start stitching I will be back in my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment